Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So What Can RSS Do For ME?
12-08-2017, 04:39 AM
Big Grin So What Can RSS Do For ME?
If you've used the web recently you have almost certainly been aware of something called RSS. am sure that you've wondered what this RSS stuff is about if you are something like me. I am going to try and answer that question in addition to explain a little bit about how RSS can be useful.

For the reason of the article RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. I started my RSS research by going to wikipedia.org and only searching for the word RSS.

The data in the article I came across, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_%28file_format%29), is informative, but if you are like me you dont want to have to learn an enormous document to understand what something like RSS is all about. You will want simple, concise explanation and a couple of instance of what RSS may possibly mean in your lifetime.

Therefore, let me break this issue down-in a way that we can all understand.

I've been using RSS for about a year. For additional information, we recommend people check out: tyler collins seo site. I found an use for RSS right after I started using Firefox, which really is a browser alternative for Ie. (In the event that you want to learn more about Firefox, visit
When you see this symbol, you can select it and it'll talk about a choice to add a bookmark. This gives a bookmark that links directly to either a RSS file or an XML file. These documents are a condensed version of the web site that you were visiting when you clicked on the RSS symbol (sometimes they are called feeds).

Yet another neat thing about Firefox is the fact that you can read RSS documents with no need for any software. The supply will appear just like a folder with a collection of links which can be the articles from your RSS Feed you subscribed to.

But, to obtain some of the more complex feed reading functions you will get an RSS reader. Firefox includes an RSS audience extension as possible install called Sage. You can download it at
http://www.google.com/reader/things/intro. I prefer the browser screen and havent used these on-line readers. You'll to test out both forms of RSS audiences a bit and see which is best suited for you.

If you arent using Firefox and you still want to contribute to a rss the hyperlink will be a little fruit button that says RSS or XML. These normal designs are often used to create the RSS Feeds better to find.

RSS feeds will also be used for Podcasts and Videocasts. A Podcast and/or Videocast is an internet radio/TV pro-gram that may be listened to on an iPod or other MP3 device. It will automatically download the audio file and you subscribe to the RSS feed using iTunes and set it on your iPod (or another type of MP3 player). If you dont have an i-pod you may still use these feeds with other audio programs like http://www.cwahd.com/podcasts.html. This index is high in Christian Podcasts.

I've a Video iPod and when I have some free time I like to watch Videocasts. I've even gone in terms of increasing my i-pod in my car so I could listen to audio podcasts on your way to work.

I really hope that you've had the opportunity to obtain at least a bit of information regarding what RSS is and what it could do for you. To get other ways to look at this, consider checking out: homepage. I am really worked up about RSS and have started a project to have CWAHD.com and CWAHM.com redesigned to incorporate RSS for all of the articles included on both sites. In my opinion that RSS may change the way that you surf the web in the long run. It is a fast way to get a lot of information from the internet in a straightforward, easy to read format..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply